17 Motivational Quotes to Inspire Successful Habits
If you want to be successful, dropping some of your bad habits is a good way to start.
No matter how much you want something, sometimes only the things you do with consistency will end up shaping your future. It’s a subtle but powerful impact. The best habits can bring us a life of goal-crushing success, but the bad ones can keep us stagnant and unfulfilled.
Take control of your destiny by building the habits that make successful people thrive. To get started, draw some inspiration from these 17 inspiring quotes.
1. “Depending on what they are, our habits will either make us or break us. We become what we repeatedly do.” ―Sean Covey
2. “It is easier to prevent bad habits than to break them.” ―Benjamin Franklin
3. “Our character is basically a composite of our habits. Because they are consistent, often unconscious patterns, they constantly, daily, express our character.” ―Stephen Covey
4. “I have learned that champions aren’t just born; champions can be made when they embrace and commit to life-changing positive habits.” ―Lewis Howes
5. “Good habits are worth being fanatical about.” ―John Irving
6. “You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, ‘I release the need for this in my life.’ ” ―Wayne Dyer
7. “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” ―Vince Lombardi
8. “Habits are safer than rules; you don’t have to watch them. And you don’t have to keep them either. They keep you.” ―Frank Hall Crane
9. “If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.” ―Colin Powell
10. “Habit is a cable; we weave a thread each day, and at last we cannot break it.” ―Horace Mann
11. “The best way to stop a bad habit is to never begin it.” ―J.C. Penney
12. “If you pick the right small behavior and sequence it right, then you won’t have to motivate yourself to have it grow. It will just happen naturally, like a good seed planted in a good spot.” ―BJ Fogg
13. “The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.” ―Samuel Johnson
14. “Successful people aren’t born that way. They become successful by establishing the habit of doing things unsuccessful people don’t like to do.” ―William Makepeace Thackeray
15. “Excellence is an art won by training and habituation.” ―Aristotle
16. “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” ―John C. Maxwell
17. “The secret to permanently breaking any bad habit is to love something greater than the habit.” ―Bryant McGill
You might like
‘You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.’