15 Quotes to Inspire You to Never Stop Learning
More than a decade of structured education gives us a blueprint to build a pretty good life. You’ve probably learned so many valuable things along the way to get where you’re at today.
But are you still learning?
When you’re done with school and learning is no longer required, don’t let your curious spark die out. You already have an excellent foundation to build upon, so keep going. With this incredible groundwork, you can learn to master almost anything.
These 15 quotes are a true testament to the power of going beyond what you know. Never stop learning.
1. “The world is a university and everyone in it is a teacher. Make sure when you wake up in the morning, you go to school.” ―T. D. Jakes
2. “The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.” ―Sydney J. Harris
3. “You cannot help but learn more as you take the world into your hands. Take it up reverently, for it is an old piece of clay, with millions of thumbprints on it.” ―John Updike
4. “There is divine beauty in learning.... To learn means to accept the postulate that life did not begin at my birth. Others have been here before me, and I walk in their footsteps.” ―Elie Wiesel
5. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” ―Malcolm X
6. “Curiosity is the wick in the candle of learning.” ―William Arthur Ward
7. “Learning life’s lessons is not about making your life perfect, but about seeing life as it was meant to be.” ―Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
8. “It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.” ―John Wooden
9. “No thief, however skillful, can rob one of knowledge, and that is why knowledge is the best and safest treasure to acquire.” ―L. Frank Baum
10. “Shall I tell you a secret of a true scholar? It is this: Every man I meet is my master in some point, and in that, I learn from him.” ―Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. “If a person will spend one hour a day on the same subject for five years, that person will be an expert on that subject.” ―Earl Nightingale
12. “Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it.” ―Alan Moore
13. “Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self-confidence.” ―Robert Frost
14. “Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed.” ―Terry Goodkind
15. “Our job is obvious: We need to get out of the way, shine a light, and empower a new generation to teach itself and to go further and faster than any generation ever has.” ―Seth Godin
Related: How to Start a New Discipline
You might like
‘A good laugh overcomes more difficulties and dissipates more dark clouds than any other one thing.’