This episode is sponsored by altMBA.
The average pencil holds enough lead for approximately 40,000 words. While a young Adam Braun, founder of Pencils of Promise, was traveling abroad, he learned just how happy a pencil and paper—with all the potential they can hold—can make a child. SUCCESS Editor-in-Chief Josh Ellis sits down with Braun to hear how he’s changing the education landscape and the importance of piroritizing growth outside of your comfort zone.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don’t miss an episode!
- Learn the touching story behind Braun’s inspiration to begin Pencils of Promise. Plus, how that mission still drives the organization today.
- Once you feel the pull of purpose, nothing else will feel quite right. Listen to hear how you need to be ready when your purpose calls you.
- The first step to identifying your purpose is leaving your comfort zone. Braun advises talking to strangers every day for 10 days.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“Lightning moments go hand in hand with an element of inspiration. Something happens in the world and it hits you at a moment in your life when suddenly you see through all of the things in front of you on a given day, and you see a new path ahead.”
You might also like:
- 17 Inspiring Quotes to Help You Live a Life of Purpose
- 29 Beautiful Stories That Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity
- 4 Ways to Find Passion and Purpose in Your Life
- True Success Begins the Second You Start Giving Back
- Thanks to altMBA for sponsoring SUCCESS Talks. altMBA is now accepting applications. To find out more, visit altmba.com/successtalks. For special consideration, mention this podcast in your application and tell them SUCCESS sent you!
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.