Quick, easy, delicious: It’s why we order delivery. During the week, we want home-cooked results without sacrificing our precious evening hours. Skip a week of tired takeout with a Sunday roasted vegetable spree. Outlined in An Everlasting Meal by Tamar Adler, lined cookie sheets housing chopped onions, broccoli, beets, and zucchini with crisp caramelized edges and perfectly tender centers, will be the backbone of your weekly meals.
Related: How I Grew by Learning How to Cook
The prep: Wash and chop your produce while preheating the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
The rule: Top with salt, pepper, plenty of olive oil, and cook for about 25 minutes. Experiment with herbs and spices to mix up the flavor of different batches.
The meals: The options are endless, so get creative. These include:
- Roasted veggie taco night.
- Triumphantly messy roasted cauliflower and summer squash sandwiches with a layer of Dijon mustard and a handful of cheese.
- Roasted radishes, fresh herbs, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper stirred into hot broth for a quick soup.
- Roasted peppers and mushrooms, ricotta cheese and ground turkey baked with pasta and tomato sauce.
- Nachos piled high with roasted onions and tomatoes.
- Roasted beets and green beans, feta cheese, vinaigrette, and pumpkin seeds transformed into a quick flavor-packed salad.
This article originally appeared in the December 2017 issue of SUCCESS magazine.