It’s happening again—the signs of springtime are popping up in full swing to brighten the world. Wonderfully and beautifully sprinkled around us, lush landscapes are preparing to rise once more. And when it’s time to hit the refresh button in our own lives, spring is one of the most inspiring times of the year.
Related: Spring Is the Season of Opportunity—Don’t Waste It
Just as the flowers start blooming, you too can have a personal renewal, a rebirth of everything that makes you unique. So as Earth refreshes its soil, roots and branches, dig deep within yourself to rejuvenate your life this spring. Start with 17 inspiring quotes to blossom into the person you want to become.
1. “You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be.” —Marianne Williamson
2. “Perhaps the earth can teach us, as when everything seems dead and later proves to be alive.” —Pablo Neruda
3. “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.” —J. Pierpont Morgan
4. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” —Lao Tzu
5. “There are some things one can only achieve by a deliberate leap in the opposite direction.” —Franz Kafka
6. “Rest when you’re weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work.” —Ralph Marston
7. “Genius is the ability to renew one’s emotions in daily experience.” —Paul Cezanne
8. “I can hardly wait for tomorrow; it means a new life for me each and every day.” —Stanley Kunitz
9. “We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come.” —Joseph Campbell
10. “Each day the world is born anew for him who takes it rightly.” —James Russell Lowell
11. “We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise, we harden.” —Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
12. “The best way to renew thought is to go outside the human imagination.” —Bernard Werber
13. “The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again.” —Sarah Ban Breathnach
14. “The self-renewing man never feels that he has ‘arrived.’ ” —John W. Gardner
15. “You can’t change who you are, but you can change what you have in your head; you can refresh what you’re thinking about, you can put some fresh air in your brain.” —Ernesto Bertarelli
16. “What’s so fascinating and frustrating and great about life is that you’re constantly starting over, all the time, and I love that.” —Billy Crystal
17. “The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also.” —Harriet Ann Jacobs
Related: 13 Ways to Take Care of Yourself Every Day
Lydia Sweatt is the web producer for SUCCESS.com. She recently earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Texas at Arlington and is a Dallas native. She enjoys painting, a hefty taco and discovering new music.