- Personal Development
- Entrepreneurial Toolkit
- The Store
“Opting to Change Your Beliefs” is a really effective exercise to use to conquer your limiting beliefs.
This is a series of questions for you to think through and answer. Let’s get started.
- What are you unhappy about? (This question helps you get specific about your feeling and what it is about.)
- Why are you unhappy about that? (Our reasons for feeling bad are different from what we feel bad about. Our reasons are beliefs.)
- What are you concerned would happen if you were not unhappy about that? (This odd-sounding question helps you find any fear or concern you have about having the feeling go away. We are often reluctant to part with a feeling, even if it is painful.)
- Do you believe that? (Do you?)
- Why do you believe that? (What’s your evidence for your belief?)
- What are you concerned would happen if you did not believe that? (Sometimes we hold on to a long-held belief, even if it proves limiting or causes unhappiness. What are your concerns? Do they still seem real to you?)
Answer this series of questions for each limiting belief. Keep in mind that this takes practice and patience, but if you take inspired action and persist, this exercise will work like a charm. *Photo Courtesy of Jonathan Jones/Flickr
Dr. Joe Vitale is the author of numerous books, including his latest, The Attractor Factor (Second Edition).