- Personal Development
- Entrepreneurial Toolkit
- The Store
Before approaching lenders or investors, Rock Solid Finance founding partner David Worrell recommends you:
1. Be able to describe your product or service completely and clearly.
2. Know your income sources. It’s not necessarily from your product or service (Facebook, for example, gives away its service, but makes income from advertising and games).
3. Build an organization chart. Even if some (or most) of the boxes are empty at this stage, doing so will demonstrate that you have a roadmap for your company.
4. Have a good understanding of your expenses, both startup and operating.
5. Convince friends to invest. It’s important to build credibility among people who know you before approaching people who don’t.