2016 SUCCESS Achiever of the Year: Taylor Swift
“I’m intimidated by the fear of being average.”
Swift continues to be a force in the music world. She pivoted from country to pop music in 2014 with her album 1989 and in doing so, set countless records. She sold more than 1 million albums in a single week for three of her albums, a rare accomplishment during an era in which album sales have dropped drastically for most artists. In addition, her net worth is valued at $250 million and in 2016 she was No. 1 on the Forbes “Celebrity 100 List”—which ranks celebs by how much money they earned in the given year—for raking in $170 million. Swift has a philanthropic streak, too. She raised $1 million with a benefit concert to help people affected by the Louisiana floods in 2016.
- 29 Grammy nominations and 10 wins, including 2016’s Album of the Year (1989), Best Pop Vocal Album and Best Music Video
- First woman ever to have twice won Album of the Year for her own albums and Best Pop Vocal Album
- Youngest artist to win an Album of the Year Grammy (for Fearless at 20)
- More than 40 million albums sold
- More than 130 million song downloads
Read more 2016 SUCCESS Achievers of the Year stories:
This article originally appeared in the February 2017 issue of SUCCESS magazine.
You might like
Change is scary. Learn to embrace that fear and watch your dreams unfold.
I know that my life today—as blessed and real and challenging and joyful as it is—wouldn’t be possible without the horror and sadness and hurt that came before it.