20 Inspiring Quotes About Love
In life there are mountains and valleys, times of uncertainty and times of bliss, but “nothing can bring more joy to life than beautifully fulfilling relationships,” as personal development legend Jim Rohn said. According to him, the keys to healthy relationships are communication, patience, loyalty, common goals, an element of fun—and love.
1. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”
—Robert A. Heinlein
2. “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.”
3. “You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.”
4. “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is a quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses."
5. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
6. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.”
—Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. “Our first and last love is self-love.”
—Christian Nestell Bovee
8. “You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.”
9. “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.”
10. “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive."
11. “The more one judges, the less one loves.”
—Honoré de Balzac
12. “The first duty of love is to listen.”
13. “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.”
—James A. Baldwin
14. “Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible—it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could.”
—Barbara de Angelis
15. “Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives.”
16. “Love cures people—both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.”
—Karl A. Menninger
17. “The best proof of love is trust.”
18. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.”
19. “The giving of love is an education in itself.”
20. “There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance."
You might like
Breakfast rituals to take on (and over) the world