19 Calming Quotes to Help You Stress Less
No matter how easygoing you are, life can get stressful. And when stress takes over, even for those who appear to have the calmest center, it can be a chore to find your Zen again.
The emotional demand of stress can build up over time, but if you learn to silence the outside world, if you find an unshakable peace, you’ll find a way to return to your happy place, no matter what.
Related: Stop Stressing About Stress
To help you get there faster, here are 19 calming quotes for peaceful vibes.
1. “There are times when we stop, we sit still. We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.” —James Carroll
2. “Breath is the power behind all things…. I breathe in and know that good things will happen.” —Tao Porchon-Lynch
3. “Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” —Hermann Hesse
4. “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” —Thích Nhất Hạnh
5. “Calmness is the cradle of power.” —Josiah Gilbert Holland
6. “Simply let experience take place very freely, so that your open heart is suffused with the tenderness of true compassion.” —Tsoknyi Rinpoche
7. “Don’t try to force anything. Let life be a deep let-go. God opens millions of flowers every day without forcing their buds.” —Osho
8. “Understand this and be free: we are not in our bodies; our bodies are inside us.” —Sean A. Mulvihill
9. “Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it.” —Brian Tracy
10. “Many a calm river begins as a turbulent waterfall, yet none hurtles and foams all the way to the sea.” —Mikhail Lermontov
11. “Doing something that is productive is a great way to alleviate emotional stress. Get your mind doing something that is productive.” —Ziggy Marley
12. “Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff.” —Robert Eliot
13. “Give your stress wings and let it fly away.” —Terri Guillemets
14. “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” —William James.
15. “The day she let go of the things that were weighing her down, was the day she began to shine the brightest.” —Katrina Mayer
16. “In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life—no disgrace, no calamity (leaving me my eyes), which nature cannot repair.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
17. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” —Oprah Winfrey
18. “The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good. Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom.” —James Allen
19. “When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.” —Buddha
Related: 10 Ways Successful People Stay Calm
You might like
'Be decisive. A wrong decision is generally less disastrous than indecision.'
‘Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.’