15 Thoughtful Quotes About Gratitude
Are you a grateful person? Thankful for the good things, big and small, in your life?
In the hustle of to-do lists and work deadlines, sometimes it’s (too) easy to block out the details of the day, forgetting that each and every day holds precious gifts. From the air we breathe to the friendships we hold close, there is always something to be thankful for.
With the season of thanksgiving upon us, here are 15 quotes to inspire a life of gratitude.
1. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” —Gilbert K. Chesterton
2. “Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.” —Zig Ziglar
3. “Learn to be thankful for what you already have, while you pursue all that you want.” —Jim Rohn
4. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” —Oprah Winfrey
5. “ ‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” —Alice Walker
6. “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” —Henri Frederic Amiel
7. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” —Robert Brault
8. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” —William Arthur Ward
9. "The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement." —Charles Schwab
10. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” —Willie Nelson
11. “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.” —Dalai Lama
12. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” —Albert Einstein
13. “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” —Charles Dickens
14. “None is more impoverished than the one who has no gratitude. Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy.” —Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
15. “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” —Alphonse Karr
Related: The Power of Gratitude
You might like
‘Some succeed because they are destined to, but most succeed because they are determined to.’
‘You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.’