15 Inspiring Quotes to Help You Find Joy
A joyful life, lived in peaceful bliss, is the best existence we can hope to achieve. It’s the kind of life that produces positive vibes and feel-good energy, and encourages us to look to the future with high hopes.
Pure joy might seem like a fleeting emotion, but even if you only feel it for a moment in time, you can hold on to it. You can relish in it.
Related: Finding Your Personal Joy
Get in a joyful state of mind right now with these 15 inspiring quotes.
1. “We cannot cure the world of sorrows, but we can choose to live in joy.” —Joseph Campbell
2. “Find joy in everything you choose to do. Every job, relationship, home... it’s your responsibility to love it, or change it.” —Chuck Palahniuk
3. “The soul’s joy lies in doing.” —Percy Bysshe Shelley
4. “If you carry joy in your heart, you can heal any moment.” —Carlos Santana
5. “Let your joy be in your journey—not in some distant goal.” —Tim Cook
6. “The joy that isn’t shared dies young.” —Anne Sexton
7. “There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward.” —Khalil Gibran
8. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” —Nhat Hanh
9. “We have to embrace obstacles to reach the next stage of joy.” —Goldie Hawn
10. “Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with.” —Mark Twain
11. “Just follow your joy. Always. I think that if you do that, life will take you on the course that it’s meant to take you.” —Jonathan Groff
12. “The more the heart is sated with joy, the more it becomes insatiable.” —Gabrielle Roy
13. “Joy is increased by spreading it to others.” —Robert Murray McCheyne
14. “Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow.” —Helen Keller
15. “Joy lies in the fight, in the attempt, in the suffering involved, not in the victory itself.” —Mahatma Gandhi
Related: TED Talks: ‘The Habits of Happiness’
You might like
‘Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.’