13 Quotes About Making Life Choices
Life is made up of an infinite amount of choices. Most decisions, such as what you’ll eat for lunch today, are small and only slightly impactful, but it’s the big decisions—the ones that can change your life forever—that are tough to make.
If you choose to confront the options before you with courage and confidence, you open yourself to a fulfilling path of your own design, filled with numerous possibilities. Rather than procrastinate in fear of making the wrong decision, weigh your options and act on the best one—revel in the chance to create the life you want to live.
To inspire your next big decision, here are 13 insightful quotes to get you going.
1. “Sometimes it’s the smallest decisions that can change your life forever.” —Keri Russell
2. “We are the creative force of our life, and through our own decisions rather than our conditions, if we carefully learn to do certain things, we can accomplish those goals.” —Stephen Covey
4. “Life presents you with so many decisions. A lot of times, they’re right in front of your face and they’re really difficult, but we must make them.” —Brittany Murphy
5. “Choices are the hinges of destiny.” —Edwin Markham
6. “I believe that we are solely responsible for our choices, and we have to accept the consequences of every deed, word, and thought throughout our lifetime.” —Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
7. “I think that there is something beautiful about mortality. It makes our decisions mean more.” —Brandon Boyd
8. “It doesn’t matter which side of the fence you get off on sometimes. What matters most is getting off. You cannot make progress without making decisions.” —Jim Rohn
9. “Life is a matter of choices, and every choice you make makes you.” —John C. Maxwell
10. “The more decisions that you are forced to make alone, the more you are aware of your freedom to choose.” —Thornton Wilder
11. “The key to accepting responsibility for your life is to accept the fact that your choices, every one of them, are leading you inexorably to either success or failure, however you define those terms.” —Neal Boortz
12. “Decisions are the frequent fabric of our daily design.” —Don Yaeger
13. “Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.” —Graham Brown
You might like
Breakfast rituals to take on (and over) the world